The sessions are broken down into
specific sections which are as follows;
The children self register when they come in and they have
free choice of all the toys and activities on offer.
We then have group register where we choose snack and
compile the daily calendar.
- This is followed by Shake and Wake exercise where the
children learn about the importance of good health and physical exercise.
- The Outdoor Free flow area then can be accessed which
provides a range of activities outdoors.
- During the session practitioners lead a range of curriculum
activities either indoors or out, these are tailored to the children’s ages and
stages of development.
- Snack: We provide a rolling snack time in form of a cafe
style half way through the session.
Cafe style snack time aims to work towards achieving Ofsteds “continuous
play” where the children are not made to pack away toys so that they can have
snack but can choose to take a break from play when they are ready. Children take turns to visit the cafe, where
they can choose from a selection of healthy foods and pour their own drinks. Water and milk are available. Social eating helps a child learn about
healthy eating and promotes independence through making choices and serving
food and drink themselves.
- After snack the children are encouraged to access outdoor
play where a variety of structured activities are on offer.
- At 12 noon the children sit down together to eat their pack lunched
- The session ends with
either group time story or action songs.